We spent the entire day at the Kennedy Space Center. I've done a lot of touristy stuff and by far this was the best money spent but, I think it is expensive for the average family. It cost us $65 each to get in and do one of the bus tours. The Space Program is funded by our taxes. Without the space program, there would be no visitor center. Supposedly, the Visitors Center is funded by the admissions fees. To help promote the space program, I would think they would make it cheaper enabling for families to visit. The entire tourist program is highly educational, thought provoking, inspiring and just plain awesome. It's not like Disneyland, which is fun but in no comparison as educational as the Space Center. Just my thoughts.
Mike and Margaret have both worked hard for 40 years. They finally decided to put their hammers down and the lawn mowers away. They have moved out of their 3400 square foot house into this luxurious 430 square foot RV or cottage on wheels as they like to call it. This blog will follow them throughout their wanderings of North America. Enjoy reading and return every few days for updates of all the campsites and tons of "goodstuff" experienced by M & M.
Friday, February 18, 2011
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
We spent the entire day at the Kennedy Space Center. I've done a lot of touristy stuff and by far this was the best money spent but, I think it is expensive for the average family. It cost us $65 each to get in and do one of the bus tours. The Space Program is funded by our taxes. Without the space program, there would be no visitor center. Supposedly, the Visitors Center is funded by the admissions fees. To help promote the space program, I would think they would make it cheaper enabling for families to visit. The entire tourist program is highly educational, thought provoking, inspiring and just plain awesome. It's not like Disneyland, which is fun but in no comparison as educational as the Space Center. Just my thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment