There was one room set up in 60's decor. All the furniture was original 60's vintage including the television and radio. Playing on the television was news of the 60's relating to the space program. It was in the 60's when the space program we know today started. One item on display was this lunchbox. Since I rummage every estate sale I can and sell these wonderful vintage objects, I especially appreciated this display. It just reminded me of how big this program was and still is and how important it still is. Just the technology developed through all the research and products developed for "space" use. When I hear people put down the space program or research, I cringe. I am taking this opportunity to show my support for the continuing support of our government to do all that is needed to explore space.
I'll post pictures of the launch if it occurs as scheduled.
No comments:
Post a Comment