Wednesday, January 19, 2011

OCEANSIDE IN FLORIDA


We finally made it to the Big Blue Pond. Our actual beach site is in Melbourne. We spent a week here last year but, stayed in a nearby hotel. This is my favorite place in Florida. If we ever live permanently in Florida, it would be in Melbourne.
So what does one do once they are at on the beach. NOTHING! That is the glory of it. It is always amusing to watch the birds. As soon as we took out our snack food, the birds immediately gathered around us just looking for a hand out.
The beach is great for the daily walk. We have been trying to walk at least 30 minutes a day, sometimes up to an hour. I find I get a bit of cabin fever in the RV. I have always had to keep myself busy when at the house. I always had something to do. I have brought a few craft type activities to master. My neighbor in NY, Dennis Upton gave a class on Latch Hooking. So I brought that to try to make a few rugs for the RV. I also want to make a Crazy Quilt cover for the bed. There are also plenty of books to read and much writing to be done. If all else fails I could really clean this RV. You know the stuff you put off till the very last; like windows, screens, etc. (I'm not that desperate for activity yet) :)
We are heading up to CoCoa Beach area today to visit some friends. Hope to play some golf with them very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment