Friday, January 21, 2011

A VISIT TO COCOA BEACH



This is the Cocoa Beach Pier. At the end is an open end for fishing along with the necessary Tiki Bar. Mike, Mary and Charlie are watching the fishermen. We never saw anyone catch any sizable fish, but we were able to eat some very good fish at the restaurant on the pier. Mike and I also ordered Gator Bites. Yes, alligator meat. Since gators lay eggs and since they are reptiles, what is their "meat" classified as. I ask because I try not to eat meat, just fish and poultry. The Gator Bites did taste like chicken. Everything odd always does. They were good.

Ocean beach from the pier.

This picture was taken at the Canaveral Barge Canal. This is where the Disney Cruise ships load passengers. The new Disney Dream Cruise ship was there. We were too far away for a decent photo. I was told that a Navy sub continually monitors this canal. Also, the booster rocket tanks from a space launch are picked up by the Coast Guard ship and brought here to be taken back to NASA which is at Cape Canaveral near here.
There is also a large camping area here for anyone interested in camping. No sewer hook ups or WiFi, so we were not interested in "camping" here.




No comments:

Post a Comment