We finally were able to take our cottage on wheels home from the dealer in the middle of August. Right away we hooked her up to the closest outlet at the house and started packing her up, anxiously counting down the days to our first scheduled trip. It would only be for five days and only about 40 miles away. We thought we should play it safe not knowing how we would deal with one another in such close quarters and not knowing the particulars of the RV.
The day finally arrives. We think we have everything we need. I tried to take as much stuff from the house as I could. I not only did not want to buy new stuff but, I wanted to make the RV our home and I can't go anywhere without my Kitchen-Aid mixer. Mike has the duty of packing the under belly of the RV and I'm responsible for the inside. All I can tell you is that a great deal can be packed in this RV. As my mixer is important to me, the golf clubs were the item for Mike. If we've forgotten anything else, we'll just make do. Golf clubs and mix aboard; we ready to go!!
I must mention at this point our friends Jack & Carol. They have been doing the RV route for the last five years (at least). Although they do now have a home in Florida they did live in their RV year round for three years. They have been instrumental in our decision to do this and continue to be our mentors in our travels.
So we are on the road behind Jack & Carol heading to the Triple R Campground in Franklinville, NY. Short easy trip. A bit rough getting into the campsite. They have the highest speed bumps I've ever ridden over at the entrance. Be ready for a major Shake, Rattle and Roll. Obviously, we made it. Parked and everything set up. Of course, forgot the camera at this point. So no pictures from Triple R.
This is the perfect campsite if you like kids and dogs. I say that with affection although Mike & Margaret do not have dogs and the kids are out of the house. There are many things to do for the kids. Great walking for the dogs. Jack & Carol have Scruffy and Spike; two great little dogs.
So at times when I feel the need to fit in, I walked the dogs with Carol but, refused to pick up the stinky stuff. Barf! There was a small fishing pond that always had several people trying their best to create the best fishing story. I was one of those. I got two bites. Not one dang nab fish. Jack bought me worms and let me use his well furnished tackle box. No use. It was like I never knew how to fish. I've got great fishing tales to tell but not from this trip.
Jack & Carol's grandkids joined us the second day and Mike's grandkids; Gwen, Alex, Andrew, Joseph and Lucia along with mom and dad showed up for a day. That turned out great. The kids absolutely love it there. We will probably go there again so the kids could visit and enjoy their time.
We played golf at a small executive type course. We had a delicious dinner at the BirdWalk resturant, located between Franklinville and Ellicotville.
Packed up and heading back to the house. Next trip a few weeks away. Heading for Maine.
No comments:
Post a Comment