
Mike and I returned to this rock climb at Sandy Beach. He was very reluctant to try it but, I assured him we would go slow and it was not as difficult as it may have looked to him. Truthfully it was very easy. There was a marked trail all the way up. I wanted to add some difficulty to it so at a few spots I went off the beaten path. It was all very easy great for a family climb. Mike admitted it was nothing like it looked.

Here we are half way up. Great view.

At the top. I'm ready for more. This is what I've been wanting to do the entire trip. Enjoy the outdoors, be a part of nature and away from people. There are two types of vacationers. One that travels and stops everywhere, goes into all the tourist spots, buys trinkets from every stop, rides the tours, etc. Then there are the vacationers who goes to most of the same places but rarely hits the tourist shops. They are busy hiking, bike riding, fishing for dinner, exploring where the locals hang out. That's what I want all of our travels to be like. My youngest daughter; Jennifer, has got to be doing something all the time. She would have dragged me willingly up all the hiking trails and then bike up to the summit of Cadillac Mounting. I might have been far behind her but, I would have gladly done it all.

This is Johnathan Livingston Seagull. Mike and I did reach the top and sat down for a bit to enjoy the scenery. I had made us a few peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a picnic lunch. As we sat there eating, this seagull swoops down and grabs the sandwich out of Mike's hands. For real!!! The gull then lands next to us to finish it's sandwich.

So here is Johnathan and a friend flying away looking for the next generous tourist.
This ends our first trip. We both loved Acadia Park and agreed that this was what Maine is all about. I would like to stay in this immediate area for at least a month. This is so much to do.
Some things that we learned from this trip to help us with our future wanderings:
1. Tow your own vehicle. An absolute must.
2. Plan better. That is, Mike and I would rather stay at a central spot longer than doing 3 days here and there.
3. We also need to pack our RV better. We did not have our own fishing equipment. We may put our bikes on the back. etc.
4. Know the places before you get there. There is so much information out there, there is no reason not to know everything about where you are going.
Again we had a wonderful time. I never felt like coming home. Now is the time to get the house packed up and on the market. I'm already planning the next trip.
Keep following the blog. I will let you know how the house packing is going and when were ready to take off.
No comments:
Post a Comment