Strawbery Banke is a museum composed of restored and furnished buildings of New England life from 1695 through the 1950's. Several of the buildings had costumed role-players performing daily activities. I've been to several of these type of Museums throughout the US. This one seem to be still in restoration state. It was interesting if you've never been to a "live" museum but, could be better. I love looking at antiques and did see a few pieces that I've never seen before. The M & M grocery store was most fun. They had a good supply of authentic food jars and packages on their shelves. "I remember that"... was said often by all of us.

The craftsman above is making wooden barrels. Apparently he does this for his business. He is currently making barrels for other museums.
The craftsman above is making wooden barrels. Apparently he does this for his business. He is currently making barrels for other museums.
No comments:
Post a Comment