Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BRAGGING RIGHTS


This is what I call Bragging Rights. If you walk through a campsite you will see a map like this or similar on RVs or even sewn on the side of a tent. I first saw this "bragging plaque" when traveling on motorcycle throughout the northern and western states. (Long ago). I attended many motorcycle rallies and noticed the geeky vests worn by many of the old timers. (I may now fit into the old timer category, surely not geeky; although I did belong to the AV club in high school). That's another topic to talk about. Anyway, the cloth maps on the vests were colored in with markers; each colored state indicating the wearer has rode his/her bike through that state. So, we RVers do the same thing. Are we so proud of our breakout from the life we left behind or are we like children yelling, "Nay nay, pooh pooh look what I've done and not you!" I think We (Mike & I) are just so over excited about our new adventures. (Maybe I stick out my tongue when I say that.)
So the map above is ours. We have just begun our great adventure. Another important factor of this is when does one fill in a specific state. Everyone has there own rules. If they just drive through does it count, do I have to camp in the state, or do I not only have to camp but participate in at least one day of activity in the state. We have chosen the later. Every state we add to the map we have not only camp overnight but, have done the touristy thing in some way or another.
The map below belongs to our traveling buddies, Jack & Carol. The are well seasoned travelers. Yeah I'm jealous. I know Carol is sticking her tongue out at us now.

2 comments:

  1. How did they get their RV to Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They vacationed there so they allowed themselves to post Hawaii. No the RV never made it.

    ReplyDelete